Field workers

Title -Field workers
Medium-Oil on Masonite board
Size 6x8 Inches


I saw these workers in a neighboring field.Since it is our rainy season,it is possible to see many working in the fields at this time.The normally use donkeys to pull a plow ,so as to loosen up the soil ,then this is followed up by a couple of people throwing down the maize (corn) seed and covering it up.Weeks later the seeds have sprouted as have the weeds.Sometimes the owners of the land will employ others to carry out the weeding as it is a labor intensive job.They are either paid in cash or have a share in the harvest.

Field workers is my 12th painting for this month, still 16 to go.

Comments

They are magnificent works, I like especially the portraits of children .... Congratulations Rogert
Micaela said…
I like the different subject:)
Jerry Stocks said…
You are an extremely talented artist. Glad I found you.
hmuxo said…
Beautifully painted, Roger!!!

Popular Posts