African Elephant Sunset


There is something about a sunset in the drier parts of Africa that makes it just a little bit more spectacular such as in Botswana. A contributing factor is probably related to the dusty atmosphere that catches and traps the warm evening light. What makes a sunset so special is that it happens only once a day and lasts just a few beautiful minutes. Some years ago when I was 16 I did a water colour painting of a sunset with elephants and palm trees .It turned out quite well and I did a few more including a large acrylic painting that I did on board. Since then I have done some more in oils, which have all sold. I have discovered that although other paintings may sit for some time in a gallery this is one subject that never has a problem getting sold. So here is my most recent painting of an African Elephant sunset .This painting is currently being displayed at 52 Main Street, Millerton,NY 12546,United States, at Lady Audreys Gallery

Comments

martinealison said…
Il règne une atmosphère tout à fait magique dans cette peinture où seuls ces magnifiques éléphants ont le secret...
Très joli travail.
Gros bisous
Breath taking colours, love the red from the sunset reflecting of the elephants. Your blog and art gets better and better. The drawings as a child are vital part of your artistic trail, wonderful!!!! Thank you for sharing Roger.
Stephanie Berry said…
Another winner Roger. I love these wild animal ones that you do.
The reds make it so dramatic. Love it, Roger!
Anonymous said…
I miss these African sunsets and you have captured it magnificently.
Jean
Roger Brown Art said…
Thank you all for your great comments I always appreciate you taking time to reply.
groayla said…
Very beautiful !!
groayla
Unknown said…
I am so in love with this painting, it is absolutely beautiful!!
Is it for sale?

I live in Vancouver, Canada, my name is Carlie.
Roger Brown Art said…
Hi Carlie
As far as I know the painting is still for sale but I will have to confirm with the gallery.Send me an email so I can let you know pricing and shipping.my email is rogerbrownsart@yahoo.com

Popular Posts