Botswana Cowboys

I have finally finished painting, the ( Botswana Cowboys) above.I sent it off on the 6 o,clock bus to Gaborone this morning,together with another painting .( Thabo's first ride ) both will be part of the Thapong Artist of the year Awards (TAYA) Exhibit.The Exhibit will open on the 11 November 2011.

I started this painting ages ago,but because of other work I didn't make much progress.However with the submission deadline the (21 October 2011) looming I had to rush about and paint.So the last few days I have been painting late into the nights in order to get it finished on time.Since the painting was still a bit wet I had to make a special packing case yesterday, so that nothing could smudge the face of the painting.The painting of the horses,the horsemen, bridles,saddles and rope all took quite a lot of time,but it was satisfying to see it come together.

Comments

martinealison said…
Je suis heureuse de pouvoir admirer votre oeuvre achevée... Je suis éblouis par celle-ci tant le travail est admirable. Toutes mes félicitations.
Mon regard s'attarde sur tous les détails et ils sont nombreux... Une belle harmonie de couleurs et de lumière.
Bisous
Brad Miedema said…
Really turned out great! I love your lighting and the shadows in the sand. Very Nice! Good luck at the Exhibit
Stephanie Berry said…
This is sooo good Roger! You did great--two men and two horses--all perfect. I have to say I have never thought of cowboys as being an African theme! The foreground in this is great too with all that light bouncing around.
K Marie Peikert said…
The details just pop out, wonderful work Roger!
Roger Brown Art said…
Thank you all so much for your comments!Cattle feature very prominently in Botswana ,and almost every family has a cattle post (Farm).Botswana is also a big beef exporter.Since many of these cattle posts are in remote areas some owners will hire a herd boy(cowboy) or two to take care of his cattle and other life stock.
Harriet said…
Beautiful! I love the rich colour on the left horse's tummy. Gorgeous painting.
Lydie said…
Magnifique ! bonne chance pour l'exposition.
Darel said…
AMAZING WORK OF ART OF YOURS!
You ate a very gifted yyoung man with a bright future ahead. I wish you the best and are very excited about following your blog. Incredible.

Popular Posts