Across the green sea

Across the green sea
Oil on Board
6x8 inches

It has been my dream to visit the coastline of Mozambique again for a long time.Last year September I was able to do so.The two week trip was one of the best I have enjoyed.Nothing could beat waking up to the sound of the waves on the beach,only 50 meters away from our balcony.Although the small town of Vilanculos was quite a distance away we still had the local  people sailing their dhows,and pulling in their nets.All this activity added to the atmosphere and which I am now able to share through a few of my paintings such as this one .


Comments

Steven W. Dunn said…
Hi Roger
There is a beautiful serenity in this. The quiet, simple composition and palette used is very pleasing and the subtle sparkle of the water is just right!
Steven
Roger Brown Art said…
Thank you Steven for that heartfelt observation.I am glad you like it.I sometimes fear that smaller artworks could lack the punch that Larger ones might carry.So I am pleased to hear that smaller works can still resonate with the audience.

Popular Posts